Still me

My photo
Bits and bobs about my life in my lovely home, Thatchwick Cottage, Pretoria, South Africa.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1 January 2008

I love the new year. New beginnings fill me with energy, hope and endless possibilities. I am going to redecorate my bedroom in January: new curtains, flooring and wall paint. I am going to have the piano tuned and start practising. Tomorrow, it's back to work in my office with the French doors open overlooking the verandah and front garden: new articles and conference papers to write, students to advise and papers to mark. There will be new books to read, stitches to make, seeds and bulbs to plant, recipes to try, friends and family to enjoy and challenges to be met head on!

Here is a quote for any aspiring writer, including a novice blogger:
"I say grace before the play and the opera and grace before I open a book and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip my pen in ink." GK Chesterton.
With that in mind, I guess I should say, "Bless this new blogging adventure, Lord, and every word I share with friends known and unknown."

No comments: