Still me

My photo
Bits and bobs about my life in my lovely home, Thatchwick Cottage, Pretoria, South Africa.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday, 19 September: Skywatch Friday

The Telkom tower on Muckleneuck Hill, Pretoria at midday is my contribution to this week's Skywatch Friday. In the foreground the Monkey Thorn (Afrikaans: apiesdoring) is in its own bushveld spring dress - russet leaves and blossoms which resemble furry caterpillars.
Now this has been quite a week, hasn't it? Banks in trouble and stock markets falling. I suggest that if you are feeling a little low, shattered or shaken, go outside, lift your eyes and gaze at the sky.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting building. wonderful choice for swf

Gemma Wiseman said...

The sky is a great place to gaze in troubled times! Beautiful pic!

SmilingSally said...

And, while gazing at the sky, talk to God.

Mary said...

I have enjoyed 'walking' through your neighborhood Eleanor - very different from mine. I know your Spring will be beautiful with so many blooming trees lining the streets - sneezing included!!!

Yes, this week was quite an eye-opener and hit us personally as dh retired from AIG after 45 yrs. and is now a consultant for them! Stock almost worthless - pension plan in jeopardy etc., certainly caused a few restless nights!!! I for one did look to the heavens and pray!

Almost squared away for France - looking forward to a change of scenery and definitely a change of pace, just relaxing with family and a good glass of wine at a cafe table in the village square. You know how that feels - close to perfect in this rather unkind world.

Have a fabulous weekend dear.
Hugs - Mary.

Dewdrop said...

Terrific advice, Eleanor. It always helps me to look up, in more ways than one!!!

Nola said...

Eleanor, I always look forward to your posts. It's a treat to see such different plants than the ones in my yard! I feel like I've been on a nice little vacation when I visit you! Have a wonderful weekend.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

And what a glorious blue sky it is!

Tess Kincaid said...

Yes, I highly suggest gazing at the sky, especially while lying in soft green grass!

Maalie said...

I have been to Cape Town and Durban, but sadly never Pretoria!

An evocative Skywatch picture you have there :-)

Inkivääri said...

Beautiful blue sky!

Lara said...

a great sw photo - what an interesting building!