Still me

My photo
Bits and bobs about my life in my lovely home, Thatchwick Cottage, Pretoria, South Africa.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sunday, 3 February 2008: A rose for you

February is the last month of summer in this nick of the woods . Gardens tend to look a little ragged. My roses are encountering an onslaught of the dreaded blackspot after so much rain and I am spraying regularly. But I did find this perfect rose amidst glossy leaves just for you! It's an old fashioned rose with a delicate scent. Unfortunately I have lost the name. This weekend I made two trips to my favourite nursery which is about 15 km away on the other side of the city through horrendous traffic. But a carload of Begonia semperflorens was worth it. I have taken out the lavender bushes which frame the formal rose garden and and planted these flowers with their startling colour combination. Maroon leaves and pink flowers.

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

Hi Eleanor,
I came to you blog by way of Tara at "Days Missed on a Hammock."
It looks like you live in paradise. How beautiful and lush everything is!
I have several rose bushes and have discovered that a fourth cup of bleach mixed with a gallon of water will cure anything.It sounds strange but works.
Have a lovely Easter.

Cori