Still me

My photo
Bits and bobs about my life in my lovely home, Thatchwick Cottage, Pretoria, South Africa.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Monday, 4 February: Taking stock


I have just been taking stock of January's completed projects. The new laminated wooden floor was laid in my bedroom. The room painted twice due to a wrong colour choice (oops!) The kitchen was given a new coat of yellow. This photo really doesn't do it justice. The walls are a lovely maize colour called Californian Sands which shows off my collection of blue and yellow plates. The blue shelf had to be taken down and put up again. I also had timer switches put on the hot water geysers to save electricity and replaced rusty guttering. Unpredicted maintainance jobs were the replacement of the lock on the front gate and a leaking underground pipe which required patching. My husband used to quip that pipes, cisterns, washing machines, you name it, always wait for January to give up the ghost.

No comments: